The application deadline for The Great Kenyan Bake Off has been extended to May 27 from the previous one of May 20, 2019.
After the deadline, applicants will be selected and shortlisted from 12 applicants who will participate in The Great Kenyan Bake Off. To apply, amateur bakers must visit thegreatkenyanbakeoff.com
Kenyan amateur bakers will compete for the chance to win a two-week fully paid trip to France. The Kenyan version of the show is sponsored by Unga Limited and will be broadcast on KTN home for 10 weeks from September 2019.
In the show, a group of amateur bakers will compete against each other and be judged on their skills in making cakes, breads, pastries and desserts of all kinds. Each week one candidate will be eliminated until the final where Kenya’s next best baker will be announced.
The lucky winner will benefit from a two-week fully paid trip to France. He will follow a training in baking and pastry making with the greatest chefs. In addition, the winner will undergo a 2 month apprenticeship at a local bakery upon his return to Kenya which will allow him to sharpen his business skills. The winner will also receive kitchen equipment worth Ksh. 150,000 and will have the opportunity to run their own bakery.
To enter the competition, you need the following:
- You must be 18 years of age or older on April 15, 2019.
- You must be a citizen of Kenya.
- You cannot have ever worked full time as a baker, cook or chef.
- Your main source of income should not come from the commercial bakery in a professional setting
- You must be able to commit to all required filming days that are currently scheduled for July and August 2019.
- Register for the competition before May 27, 2019 here thegreatkenyanbakeoff.com/form.